Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I'm Back.

Wow, it has been over 2 months since we last spoke. Please keep that extended period of silence in mind when I excessively ramble throughout the length of this entry.
What have these months brought. Some pleasant, and not so pleasant times. I have spent many hours with friends lately. Be it mostly drinking in the bars, I still consider time spent with friends, regardless of the venue, and usually regardless of the circumstances, to be time well spent, and time when the best of memories are made.

So back to that drinking thing. My view, I am 22 years old. I have a very good job for my age (especially for this economy), I am in great health (aside from those occasional cigarettes and the mild alcohol induced liver damage), and I have no real priorities outside of work to keep me tied down. I choose to drink, predominantly because it is the primary social activity of my age bracket. Most people my age have no dire responsibilities aside from our jobs. We enjoy having fun. And going to a bar, kicking back a few (and it seems to often for some people, too many), and laughing and hugging it up with my closest friends and acquaintances, gives me almost the same amount of joy as a good shag. 

Yes I said shag, as the more commonly used terms would just ruin the light-hearted nature of this entry.

All of that being said. I have probably never been happier. As I have spent most of my life single, being single at the moment has left me only slightly more bummed, if any, than I have ever been. I am so busy with cars, friends, the gym and work. That I have far less thinking and pondering time than I did in college. I have always tried very hard to keep myself occupied. Maybe my ADHD have been my saving grace for being "emo" about being without a GF. 

Yes, I want a GF. No, I'm not going to join E-Harmony. Yes, I am taking the, "it will happen when it will happen approach." No further questions.

So, being nearly my actual bed time, and believing that this briefly composed entry seems rather complete and well-rounded, I am going to close with a short conclusion.

This will probably end up being the best year of my life so far. It seems to only be improving. Yeah, work can be stressful, and I hope that the California Air Resources Board is dismantled and SMOG will cease to exist, but beyond that, I have no grounds for any complaint. Except for maybe to have all human beings who drive on my commute to magically learn to "merge" overnight.

Good night folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment